Dr. Souheil Gebeily, Consultant Neurologist has been granted a SPECIALIST AEROMEDICAL CERTIFICATE as a GCAA Approved Neurologist.
Dr. Gebeily is hereby appointed as Designated Aeromedical Examiner (Specialist) for Class I, Class II, Class III, Cabin Crew, LSA aeromedical assessments in accordance with the current CAR Part II, Personnel Licensing Regulations and applicable directives in UAE.
Fluent in: Arabic, French & English
Training / Field of Medicine: Neurology – Stroke, Neurovascular Diseases – Clinical EEG – Aviation Medicine
Qualifications: Professor of Neurology; MD. CES.MBA IP.
Professional Organizations / Membership
- French Order of Physicians
- Lebanese Order of Physicians
- Lebanese Society of Neurology (Past President)
- Safe Implementation for the Treatment of Stroke (SITS)
- International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP)
- Neurosciences Research Center, The Lebanese University
- Joseph University Faculty of Dentistry
- Stroke and neurovascular diseases
- Multiple sclerosis and related neuro-immunological diseases
- Parkinson’s Disease and movement disorders
- Clinical EEG
- Alzheimer’s disease and other Dementias
- Aviation Medicine
I trust my expertise will contribute in developing Excellence of care in multiple domains of neurology (particularly in the above fields of special interest)
Since 1984 I have been practicing Neurology also as Private Practitioner in Lebanon and in France.
I am the Author / Co-Author of more than thirty publications and posters in peer scientific journals with 579 citations to date.
I am also involved in number of international clinical studies as Principal Investigator, in the fields of Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke, Migraine, Neuropathic Pain and Post-traumatic Stress Disorders.
- 2017-2019:Professor Head of Neurology, Faculty of medical Sciences, The Lebanese University.
- 2012-2017:Associate Professor Head of Neurology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, The Lebanese University.
- 1985-2012: Academic and Clinical Teaching Courses affiliated to the Faculty of Medical Sciences, The Lebanese University.
- 2016-2019: Director of the Neuropsychology Master program and Charter Member of the Neurosciences Research Center Board, The Lebanese University.
- As of 1996: Postgraduate Academic Teaching Courses on Pain and Headache. Affiliated to the Faculty of Dentistry, St. Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon
- As of 2016: Lebanon National Coordinator for the SITS (Safe Implementation of Treatments for Stroke)
- As of 2012: Senior Neurologist Consultant and Head of Neurology. Bellevue Medical Center (Teaching University Hospital affiliated to St.Joseph University),Mansourieh, Mount Lebanon.
- 1984-2012: Consultant Neurologist,Head of Neurology, The Lebanese University Hospital-Geitawi, Beirut,Lebanon.
- 2000-2008:Member of a Multinational Key Opinion Leadership Advisory Board on Multiple Sclerosis.
- 2000-2007:Charter Member of The Lebanese League against Epilepsy
- 1996-2000:Vice President and President of The Lebanese Neurological Society.
- 1991-1992: Consultant Neurologist, Etablissement Helio-Marins, Berk, France.
- 1990-1991: Associate Chef de Clinique, University of Montpellier, France.
- 1979-1983: Fellowship in Neurology, Gui-de-Chauliac, Montpellier University,France.
- 1977-1979: Intership Hotel-Dieu-DeFrance,Beirut,Lebanon.